Minimum Age: 18 years old – Must be able to read and write English. Must be a citizen or legal
permanent resident of the United States.
Bond Required: $10,000 Notary Bond for Lifetime Term
Application Fee: Application Fee, Exam Fees, Bond Fee
Must be registered to vote, able to read and write English, No Felony convictions, High School Diploma or GED
Step by Step instructions on how to become a Louisiana Notary
1. Complete Louisiana Secretary of Stateâ€™s Notary Application to qualify-
2. Once qualified, register to take the mandatory Notary Exam Pre-Assessment.
3. After the mandatory Notary Exam Pre-Assessment exam is completed, then complete the State
Notary Exam. https://coraweb.sos.la.gov/notary/notarylogin.aspx
4. After completing steps 1-3 then submit:
– 2 Oaths of Office – https://www.sos.la.gov/NotaryAndCertifications/PublishedDocuments/NotaryOathOfOffice.pdf
-Official Signature page –
– An original certificate of good standing from the Louisiana Supreme Court issued within the
past 30 days.
– Original or Certified Copy of Notary Surety Bond, Personal Surety Bond approved by the parish
clerk of court in the amount of $10,000
Application & Order Status
If you have not received your order, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have submitted all your documents to the state, and you are waiting on your Notary Commission Certificate, please contact the Secretary of State for status.