Step by Step instructions on how to become a Montana Notary.
1. Purchase a $25,000 Notary Bond and any supplies you will need such as a stamp/embosser and journal.
2. Complete state required 4 hour training & pass exam.
3. Complete Application with the Secretary of State https://biz.sosmt.gov/
4. After the application process is complete you will be commissioned as a notary.
5. Once you receive your notary commission certificate, please forward a copy to us
(email@example.com )so we can ship your supplies.
Application & Order Status
If you have not received your order, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have submitted all your documents to the state, and you are waiting on your Notary Commission Certificate, please contact the Secretary of State for status.