Residency: Residence or work in state 30 days immediately preceding notary filing
Bond Required: $5,000 for the 4-year commission term
Application Fee: $75 Includes State Exam fee
Must be able to read and write English. Must submit a mandatory background check.
Step by Step instructions on how to become a Utah Notary
1. Study, Take and Pass the Utah Notary examination
2. Purchase a Notary Bond and any supplies you will need such as a stamp/embosser, journal and recommended online notary training.
3. Submit bond, application, and oath of office to the state
4. After the application process is complete you will be commissioned as a notary.
5. Once you receive your notary commission certificate, please forward a copy to us (email@example.com) so we can ship your supplies.
If you have not received your order, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have submitted all your documents to the state, and you are waiting on your Notary Commission Certificate, please contact the Secretary of State for status.